Thursday, August 11, 2011

Some food for thought

As I was browsing through Youversion's reading plans I noticed one that was titled "attitude" and thought why not. I know there is always room for improvement when it comes to my attitude.

Since I met my husband, he has always been the type to be a bit more positive. Some factors that play into this: his homelife was very structured and stable. His parents are amazing examples of what it means to become fully devoted Christ follwers, and I think that even as a young child his introverted nature helped him become aware of attitude. I, however, was not raised in this particular environment. Nothing was stable during the time that I lived with my mother. Everything was unknown and no situation could be labeled as permenant. And, during the time that I lived with my dad the same was true. Eventually, I ended up with my grandparents who were just the opposite. I knew that they would be there to take care of me and provide those basic necessities needed for survival. The only downfall- they were not too encouraging nor were they overly positive.

So I, faced with this overly negative attitude, have to find a way to combat my instinctual response especially now that I am a mother. Easier said that done.

So with that thought here is what YouVersion said I should meditate on today: Romans 12:3
3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you

No comments:

Post a Comment